I. What is the Riviera Maya ?
The Riviera Maya is a tourist area located along the Caribbean Sea in the state of Quintana Roo in Mexico. Geographically it extends along the coast for a distance of 130 km from the city of Puerto Morelos in the north to the city of Punta Allen in the south. The name was created in the early 1990s with the strategic development of this tourist destination, its hotel infrastructure and various attractions designed for foreign and Mexican tourists. This region is characterized by its paradisiacal beaches, ancestral Mayan temples, as well as its jungle and numerous caves that can be visited. Its splendor makes it today the most visited place in Mexico but also one of the most requested in all Latin America. On the other hand, the climate of the Riviera Maya is typically tropical, with more than 250 days of sunshine a year and an average temperature of 24°C.
II. The touristic places of Riviera Maya
– Tulum : On a cliff overlooking the Caribbean Sea, the ruins of the ancient Mayan city of Tulum are admirably preserved. It is the only Mayan city built in front of the sea and one of the few that has been fortified. You can also enjoy the impressive view of the sea, as well as swim in the many cenotes and underground rivers of Tulum.
– Xcaret : Xcaret is an ecopark dedicated to the conservation of nature and the enhancement of the archaeological heritage. The activities are multiple and varied, from swimming in the underground river to swimming with the dolphins and the magnificent show that takes place every night. The park is located 15 minutes by car from downtown Playa Del Carmen.
– Chichen Itza : Chichen Itza is an ancient Mayan city located between Valladolid and Merida in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico. Chichen Itza was probably the main religious center of the Yucatan in the 10th century and today remains one of the most important and most visited archaeological sites in the region. The site was classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1988, and was voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World on July 7, 2007.
– Rio Secreto is a wonderful cenote route with a guide who leads small groups of visitors through its maze. Although the Riviera Maya is full of underground routes, the experience at Rio Secreto is still unique. It is an authentic place compared to other parks in the area. After a transfer in a van, a short walk through the jungle and a Mayan ceremony, visitors enter a network of magnificent underwater caves.
– The islands of the Riviera Maya are also well known for the most part with for example Islas Mujeres which is an island in the Caribbean Sea about 13 km from the Yucatan Peninsula. This sublime island is about 7 km long and less than 1 km wide, with a rocky coast and a beautiful white sand beach. There is also Cozumel which is the largest island in the Riviera Maya, a destination with incredible places to visit, theme parks, good restaurants, beach clubs and much more. The island is 21 kilometers long and is surrounded by a large main road that you can take around the island!
III. Why is the Riviera Maya an ideal place to live or invest?
Moving to the Yucatan Peninsula has many advantages. First of all, the climate in this area is very sunny and warm all year round. As a result, the seasons are not very marked and the Riviera Maya remains a tourist destination all year round.
In addition, Mexico is a country where it is easy to integrate. In fact, Mexicans are generally very educated and good-hearted. They love meeting foreigners and this makes the Yucatan Peninsula a very cosmopolitan region.
In addition, the Riviera Maya includes many ancient cultural sites that attract other forms of tourism than sun tourism. Numerous temples and ruins of Mayan villages are present throughout the region and can be easily visited. It is also possible to meet the Mayan tribes, as many of them still exist in Quintana Roo.
Mexican gastronomy is also a reason to come to Mexico. In fact, Mexican cuisine is recognized worldwide for its specialties that can be found in many countries. As proof, it was registered at UNESCO in 2010, at the same time as that of France!
In addition, the purchasing power in Mexico is attractive and prices are generally lower than in most countries.
On the other hand, real estate investment in the Riviera Maya is very profitable due to the significant growth of the real estate market each year. In fact, the main tourist areas of the Riviera Maya are in constant development and owning a well located apartment in this area is a good investment because the demand is so strong that it is almost totally guaranteed that you can rent your property whenever you want.
IV. Century 21 The Agency has excellent properties to live or invest
Our agency is recognized for the quality of its real estate services thanks not only to the strength of our network but also to the relationship with our clients and the quality of the work of our staff.
Century 21 Playa Del Carmen Agency does everything possible to offer you the best properties and has a wide range of accommodations from studios to large villas.
Our long experience makes us a real connoisseur of the market to be able to advise you in the best possible way on your real estate project.